The APU Writing Center offers several forms of writing support that are free and available to all APU students:
- In-Person Appointments: At any stage of the writing process, students can meet with a writing coach and receive individualized support to improve their writing projects and, more importantly, their long-term writing skills. Learn more about scheduling an appointment, and visit the APU Writing Center website to learn more about us and our services.
- Online Appointments: Graduate, regional location, and undergraduate commuter students can work with a writing coach online. During online appointments, students and writing coaches use video or chat and a mutual whiteboard space to work together in real time.
- Walk-in Hours: APU’s Writing Center offers walk-in hours, during which students can work with available writing coaches individually or in groups. Students can also use this space to work independently in a supportive environment where they can ask questions as needed. View the current walk-in hours and location.
- Workshops: The Writing Center provides several workshops for students. Join us for discussions and practical guidance on writing-related topics. Workshop dates are listed on our calendar.
- Resources: Stop by any of our locations or visit our Resources page for handouts on more than 35 writing challenges ranging from brainstorming to documentation.
- Speaking Center Appointments: Students can meet with a speaking coach and receive individualized support to improve their speaking projects and presentation assignments. Learn more about the Speaking Center.
APU’s Writing Center is open year-round, excluding holidays and university closures, and has locations in Marshburn Library (East Campus), Building One (West Campus), and online, as well as at the High Desert, Inland Empire, and San Diego regional campuses.