Military Credit Policy
APU evaluates courses completed through the armed services and may grant credit for such courses. Credit is typically based on recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE) and may include General Education credit and non-General Education elective credit.
- Military credit must be on official transcripts from the American Council on Education.
- APU professional programs accept:
- ACE-recommended coursework in the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category (“L”).
- ACE-recommended coursework in the upper-division baccalaureate category (“U”).
- General Education credit and non-General Education elective credit will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Air Force credit must come on official transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force, the Air Force Institute of Technology, or the United States Air Force Academy.
- Transfer credit is limited to 90 units.