- The course was completed at a regionally accredited institution.
- The grade earned was a B or better. (Neither Pass in a pass/fail, Credit in a credit/no-credit course, nor a B- is acceptable for transfer credit. However, up to one-half of the required field education units for a theology degree may be accepted with grades of Pass or Credit.)
- The course was completed subsequent to the awarding of the bachelor’s degree.
- The course was taken within eight years of the time in which the student begins work in the degree program. (More recent work may be required in some programs.)
- The course must be applicable to a graduate degree at the institution where it was taken.
- The course must not be professional development or extension coursework.
Transfer credit may be denied if any of the following is requested:
- Undergraduate coursework requested as transfer credit for an Azusa Pacific University master’s degree program.
- Transfer credit or course substitution into a subsequent Azusa Pacific University master’s degree.
Students in doctoral programs should refer to those sections in the catalog for information regarding transfer units. Master’s degree coursework does not count as transfer credit into an Azusa Pacific University doctoral degree program.
Courses for transfer must be approved by the student’s department or school, as well as by the Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar following submission of the APU Substitution and Transfer Credit Request Form.
Students should not assume acceptance of transfer work until they receive written notification from the registrar.