Graduation Requirements and Commencement
Graduation is not automatic upon completion of all coursework in a degree program. Students who intend to graduate must complete an Intent to Commence and/or Graduate Form and file it with the Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar along with the current graduation fee. See the Academic Calendar for deadlines. Submission of the form is mandatory whether or not the student intends to participate in a commencement ceremony. Ceremony dates are listed in the Academic Calendar.
A degree is granted based on the completion of all requirements prior to degree posting dates. This includes verification of maintaining the minimum grade-point average for the degree program.
- Additional Degree or Concurrent Program Requirements
- Additional Degree Requirements
- Application for Graduation
- Course Replacement and Substitution
- Degree Posting
- Determining Degree Requirements
- Grade-Point Average Requirement
- Honors at Commencement
- Minimum Unit Requirement
- Normal Progress Toward a Degree and Time Limit for Degree
- Residence Requirement