Academic scholarships are based on a combination of GPA and test scores at the time of admittance. SAT or ACT writing section scores are not considered. Recipients will be granted the single-highest award for which they qualify and will receive official notification of their award shortly after acceptance to the university.
All academic scholarships are renewable for up to four years. Award amounts listed are for students enrolling for the first time at Azusa Pacific University in fall 2020. Refer to previous academic catalogs for scholarship/grant awarding information for enrollment that began prior to fall 2020. Award amounts are not increased in subsequent years.
- Submit a complete APU undergraduate application by the Early Action deadline of November 15, and
- Submit a complete Trustees’ Scholarship Application by December 1.
- Full tuition (awarded to five first-time freshmen who are interviewed and selected by the Trustees’ Scholarship Committee)
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the Trustees’ Scholarship Application online.
To Retain Eligibility
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA at APU (verified after every spring semester).
- $19,000 ($9,500 per semester)
- $17,000 ($8,500 per semester)
- $15,000 ($7,500 per semester)
- $12,000 ($6,000 per semester)
General Scholarship Information
Unless stated otherwise, the following applies to the awards listed above:
- Freshmen: Students entering APU directly from high school or having completed fewer than 12 units of college work at the point of admission.
- SAT or ACT writing section scores are not considered.
- Academic scholarships cannot be reearned if lost due to a low GPA, nor can a student qualify for a different academic scholarship while at APU.
- Other than the Trustees’ Scholarship, each award is based on a sliding scale to accommodate various combinations of GPAs and test scores.
- Each case is evaluated individually.
- Award amount will be prorated if enrolled less than full time (9-11 units at 75%, 6-8 units at 50%).
- Once the student’s financial aid file is complete, the scholarship is usually disbursed into the student’s APU account during the first month of the semester (first half of the scholarship in fall, the second half in spring), or later depending on when documentation is received.
- Up to four years
To Retain Eligibility
- Must maintain at least a 2.8 cumulative GPA at APU (verified after every spring semester).
- The student must also maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.