The APU Writing Center offers several forms of writing support that are free and available to all APU students:
- In-Person Appointments: Students may meet with writing coaches at any stage of the writing process and receive individualized support to improve their writing projects and their long-term writing skills. Schedule an appointment, or visit the APU Writing Center website to learn more about us and our services.
- Online Appointments: During online appointments, students and writing coaches use Zoom and a mutual whiteboard space or shared screen to work together in real time.
- Drop-In Hours: The center offers drop-in hours, where students meet with writing coaches individually or in groups. View the current drop-in hours and location.
- Workshops: The Writing Center provides several workshops throughout the year for students, and we invite you to join us for discussions and practical guidance on writing-related topics. Workshop dates are listed on our calendar. Faculty may request classroom workshops by using our Writing Center Service Request Form.
- Resources: Our Google site houses PDF resources on more than 35 writing challenges ranging from brainstorming to documentation.
- Speaking Center Appointments: Students may meet with speaking coaches and receive individualized support to improve their speaking projects and presentation assignments.
APU’s Writing Center is open year-round, excluding holidays and university closures, and has locations in Marshburn Library (East Campus), Segerstrom Science Center (West Campus), and online.