Students must submit official transcripts from any and all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was given. An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution(s) and that bears the official seal of that college or university. Azusa Pacific University reserves the right to request that the transcript be sent directly from the issuing institution(s).

The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of junior or two-year college work, and there is a maximum of 90 units that may be accepted from a four-year institution. No upper-division credit can be allowed for courses taken at a community or two-year college.

Once filed, transcripts are subject to the provisions of applicable federal and state laws and regulations and cannot be returned to the applicant or forwarded to other educational institutions.

International transcripts must be translated into English and certified by an authorized official. International transcripts must be evaluated by an approved agency, which creates an official Transcript Equivalency Report, to verify that the international units are comparable to units from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. An official copy of this Transcript Equivalency Report is submitted with a student’s official transcript for university admission consideration.

The Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar will evaluate previous college work to determine its relationship to the requirements of Azusa Pacific University. A transfer evaluation will be sent to the student showing those courses that have been accepted for transfer and those courses that still need to be taken to fulfill the university’s General Education requirements. Only courses in which a grade of C- or above has been earned can be considered for transfer of credit.

Azusa Pacific University accepts the completed Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) and the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE) certifications as fulfilling the lower-division General Education program requirements. However, all APU students are required to complete the requisite number of Biblical, Theological, and Philosophical Formation and upper-division General Education courses. In the cases of both the IGETC and CSU GE, the certification must be complete and obtained from the respective community college before the student matriculates to APU. Students who do not receive full certification will be evaluated by standard course-to-course articulation and will follow the General Education for transfer students.

For more information, read the General Education Information for Professional Undergraduate Transfer Students section under the Policies and Procedures section in this catalog.