Some departments permit waivers of certain courses. Course waivers are processed by the student’s department or school/college. Contact the appropriate department for details on specific waiver procedures. Unlike transfer credit, waivers fulfill course requirements only; no units are awarded. Students with waived courses must choose alternate elective courses to satisfy the unit requirements of their degree program.