Minor in Biology
- The minimum prerequisites for the biology minor are a C- in BIOL 151 and a B- in MATH 110 or equivalent (for example, an ALEKS score of 65). Students may not earn a biology minor if they are majoring in allied health or biochemistry.
- Students must complete all prerequisites for a BIOC, BIOL, or CHEM course with a C- or better before taking the course (except as noted in the course description).
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all biology, chemistry, biochemistry, math, and physics courses required for the minor.
- Students must complete each BIOC, BIOL, or CHEM course with a C- or higher for the course to meet a degree requirement in the Department of Biology and Chemistry.
- Any single course within the minor can be taken only two times at APU; students will be dismissed from the minor after two unsuccessful (below C-) attempts in a single required course.
- Only two courses total within the minor can be repeated; students will be dismissed from the minor after unsuccessful (below C-) attempts in any three required courses.
|General Biology I 1|
|General Biology II|
|General Chemistry I 1, 2|
|Biology of Microorganisms|
|Choose 6 units of electives from the following; these may not include units used to fulfill requirements of the student’s major.|
|Directed Research Internship|
|Biological Science Internship|
|Advanced Topics in Biology|
Meets the General Education Natural Sciences requirement.
This course may be waived with an appropriate Advanced Placement test score.
Meets the General Education Integrative and Applied Learning requirement.
Meets the General Education Civic Knowledge and Engagement requirement.