Minor in Theology
The theology minor consists of THEO 200 and 9 upper-division THEO units (any 3XX or 4XX THEO courses offered by the department qualify), 3 units of UBBL, and 3 units of PHIL 100, HUM 224, or HUM 324. The UBBL, PHIL 100, and THEO 200 requirements may be used to meet the theology minor requirement and a General Education requirement.
Theology minors must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in the courses being applied toward the minor.
|Any upper-division (3XX or 4XX) UBBL course 1||3|
|PHIL 100||Introduction to Philosophy 2||3|
|or HUM 224||Core Texts in Philosophy|
|or HUM 324||Core Texts in Philosophy|
|THEO 200 and 3 upper-division (3XX or 4XX) THEO courses of choice 3||12|
All options meet the General Education Philosophy requirement.
THEO 200 meets the General Education Theology requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Explain the relationships between context and Christian theological traditions.
- Examine important societal issues in light of Christian theological traditions.
- Properly represent the theological ideas of people with diverse perspectives.
- Evaluate their own implicit theological beliefs in light of Christian theological traditions.
- Develop their own commitments in conversation with Christian theological traditions.