Minor in Christian Ministries
Successful completion of the minor requires a 2.5 cumulative GPA in all courses required for the minor.
|MINC 200||Introduction to Contemporary Christian Ministries||3|
|WRIT 200||Writing 2: Writing for Christian Practice 1||3|
|or MIN 206||Introduction to Practical Theology|
|MINC 318||Theology and Practice of Ministry||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Writing 3: Culture and Ministry 2|
|Adolescent Development in Family Ministry|
|Family Development and Ministry|
|Mentoring and Small Groups|
|Topics in Ministry|
|Evangelism and Discipleship|
|Effective Teaching in Christian Education|
|Intercultural Ministries 3|
|Ministry to the City|
|Introduction to Pastoral Care and Counseling|
|Principles of Preaching|
|Communicating the Gospel|
|Suffering: Theological and Practical Perspectives on Disabilities|
|Race, Reconciliation, and Ministry 3|
|Children's Educational Ministries|
|Ministry Organization and Administration|
|Exegeting the City|
|Studying and Teaching the Bible|
|World Religions 3|
WRIT 200 meets the General Education Writing 2 requirement.
Meets the General Education Writing 3 requirement.
Meets the General Education Intercultural Competence requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in communication.
- Apply practical theology methodologies in ministry contexts
- Develop a healthy awareness of one’s self, gifts, and/or callings.
- Exhibit increasing capacities to cultivate inclusive communities.
- Demonstrate competence related to skills required for Christian leadership.
- Articulate how their maturing theology informs their Christian practice.