MA in User Experience Design
Learn more about the Master of Arts in User Experience Design program.
|User Experience Design Courses||24|
|DSGN 503||Research and Design Process Methods||3|
|DSGN 504||Digital Experience Design||3|
|DSGN 514||UX Research A/B Testing||3|
|DSGN 515||Innovation Design||3|
|DSGN 516||Interactive Narrative/Story||3|
|DSGN 616||UXD Internship 1||3|
|DSGN 618||Master's Capstone I||3|
|DSGN 625||Master's Capstone II||3|
|Other Art and Design Courses||6|
|DSGN 606||Database Management and Scripting||3|
|DSGN 607||Design Business and Entrepreneurship||3|
Students who do not need an internship may choose to not take DSGN 616 and instead take an approved DSGN 599 Independent Study course, by instructor consent.
University graduate admission and program-specific requirements must be met before an application is complete (see Admission to the University). Program-specific application requirements are available online.
International students should contact Graduate and Professional Admissions for application procedures.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Develop reflective practices that are consistent with key principles of design process methods and theoretical frameworks of User Experience Design.
- Apply design principles and guidelines over mobile and digital platforms of user interaction.
- Demonstrate adaptive communication skills with project management stakeholders.
- Practice individual and collaborative skills in design problem-solving.
- Describe key business and management principles related to UXD practice.
- Articulate design thinking ideas, design practice constructs, and design studies research in written form.