Minor in Public Relations
|PUBR 215||Public Relations and Social Media||3|
|PUBR 250||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|COMM 200||Introduction to Mass Communication||3|
|PUBR 330||Writing 3: Public Relations Writing for Campaigns 1||3|
|PUBR 400||Public Relations Management and Ethics||3|
|Select 9 units from the following:||9|
|Visual Design and Branding|
|Journalism Research Methods|
|Communication Internship 2|
|Public Relations Agency|
|Public Relations, Non-profits and Social Causes|
|Public Relations and Entertainment|
|Public Relations International Experience|
|Special Topics in Public Relations: Crisis Communication|
|Public Relations Capstone|
Meets the General Education Writing 3 requirement.
Meets the General Education Integrative and Applied Learning requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Identify major theories and development of the field of public relations.
- Understand how public relations techniques create relationships between organizations and their different publics.
- Apply Christian ethical principles to the practice of public relations.
- Select public relations strategies and techniques to solve communication problems.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative tools to produce research in the field of public relations.
- Create professional public relations campaigns.
- Build a personal portfolio of public relations artifacts.