Minor in Communication Management
|COMM 201||Introduction to Communication Studies||3|
|Select two of the following:|
|Communication and Relationships|
|Small Group Communication|
|Intercultural Communication 1|
|Select three of the following:|
|Research Methods in Communication|
|Rhetoric and Political Influence|
|Persuasion and Attitude Change|
Meets the General Education Intercultural Competence requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Explain how communication creates, sustains, manages, and changes persons, groups, organizations, and society, and use that knowledge in an ethical manner.
- Articulate how the Christian faith and one’s worldview inform the study, evaluation, and practice of communication.
- Identify one’s own communication tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Express ideas clearly and accurately through oral and written communication using various media in academic and practitioner contexts.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative research tools to explore communication worlds.
- Apply communication theories and ethics to various communicative situations.
- Identify a vocational direction where one’s communication skills can be utilized to make a positive difference.