Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence
Assisting Faculty and Staff in Their Efforts to Nurture Diversity and Inclusion
The Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence is a resource for the implementation and nurturing of campus-wide, diversity-sensitive learning environments. The center supports faculty and staff through wider peer support, the Diversity Ambassador Program, and various professional development opportunities designed to help equip them for effective student learning engagement.
The center strives to assist faculty and staff through:
- hosting diversity workshops and seminars with featured speakers focusing on various topics related to creating inclusive learning environments;
- providing resources and initiatives focused on strategies to support and retain diverse faculty and staff;
- collaborating with the Student Center for Reconciliation and Diversity to promote communication and engagement among students, staff, faculty, and administration;
- promoting the integration of APU’s Identity Statement on Diversity into all curricular and cocurricular aspects of the university; and
- the Bias Incident Reporting tool for nonemergency incidents only.
For more information, contact the center at (626) 387-5821. For an overview of additional diversity-related offices, services, and programs, see our Diversity Matters brochure.