Athletic Coaching Minor
Students who would like to obtain a minor in athletic coaching must complete the following courses:
|KIN 242||Fundamental Principles of Fitness||3|
|KIN 290||Human Movement Science||3|
|KIN 306||Sociological and Psychological Aspects of Physical Activity and Sport||3|
|KIN 366||Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries||3|
|PE 321||Organization and Administration of Physical Education, Athletics, and Recreation||3|
|PE 440||Coaching Theory||2|
|PE 474||Practicum in Coaching||2|
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of sport specific fitness and nutrition principles and programming.
- Analyze and demonstrate sport specific skills using theoretical concepts of biomechanics, kinesiology, and motor behavior.
- Discover social and psychological principles of coaching (motivation, leadership, personality, imagery, anxiety, management, etc.).
- Summarize practices, issues, and theories in care, prevention, and management of athletic injuries.
- Create and explain sport organization practices and strategies.
- Develop a personal coaching philosophy.