Allied Health Major with Business Emphasis
- Students in the allied health major with business emphasis must complete all prerequisites for a BIOC, BIOL, or CHEM course with a C- or better before taking the course (except as noted in the course description).
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all biology, chemistry, biochemistry, math, and physics courses required for the major.
- Students must complete each BIOC, BIOL, or CHEM course with a C- or higher for the course to meet a degree requirement in the Department of Biology and Chemistry.
|Required Core Courses|
|BIOL 151||General Biology I 1||4|
|BIOL 152||General Biology II||4|
|BIOL 240||Biology of Microorganisms||4|
|BIOL 280||Cell Biology||4|
|BIOL 496||Writing 3: Ethics and the Sciences 2||3|
|CHEM 151||General Chemistry I 1, 3||4|
|CHEM 152||General Chemistry II 3||4|
|CHEM 240||Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry||4|
|MATH 130||Introduction to Statistics 4||3|
|PHYC 151||Physics for Life Sciences I 1,3||4|
|PHYC 152||Physics for Life Sciences II 3||4|
|ACCT 120||Principles of Accounting I||4|
|MGMT 210||Principles of Management||3|
|MKTG 260||Principles of Marketing||3|
|FIN 300||Business Finance for Managers||3|
|or FIN 320||Principles of Corporate Finance|
|ECON 251||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|Required Internship Course||3|
or BIOL 395
|Biological Science Internship|
|Principles of Biochemistry 5|
|Biomolecular Chemistry 5|
|Biomolecular Metabolism 5|
|Regional Human Anatomy|
|Practicum and Topics in Allied Health 6|
|Advanced Topics in Biology|
Meets the General Education Natural Sciences requirement.
Meets the General Education Writing 3 requirement.
This course may be waived with an appropriate Advanced Placement test score.
Meets the General Education Quantitative Literacy requirement.
Students should take BIOC 360 if taking only one semester of biochemistry. For a two-semester sequence, BIOC 270 and BIOC 370 should be taken. Credit will not be given for both BIOC 360 and BIOC 270, nor for both BIOC 360 and BIOC 370.
Meets the General Education Integrative and Applied Learning requirement.
Meets the General Education Civic Knowledge and Engagement requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge base in their chosen field.
- Effectively communicate scientific ideas and research orally.
- Effectively communicate scientific ideas and research in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem solving and applying the scientific method to scientific questions.
- Demonstrate laboratory skills and techniques.
- Express a Christian worldview that integrates faith with their vocation.