Honors Humanities Minor
Pathway One: Honors Humanities Minor
The honors humanities minor requires 30 units of honors classes. It can be completed in five semesters. The minor fulfills 12 requirements in the university’s required General Education program. Students select which requirements are fulfilled from among the following: First-Year Seminar, Writing 1, Writing 2, Writing 3, Oral Communication, Humanities: History, Humanities: Fine Arts, Humanities: Literature, Philosophy, Intercultural Competence, Civic Engagement, Theology, Integrative and Applied Learning, Christian Ministry, Luke/Acts, or Exodus/Deuteronomy. All remaining General Education requirements must be completed in addition to the minor.
This is an ideal pathway for students who join the Honors College as sophomores and for transfer students.
- Requires 30 units of honors classes, including Leadership, Core I, Core II, Core III, and Core IV.
- Allows completion in five semesters.
- Results in an honors humanities minor.
- Leads to “Honors Scholar” designation on the student’s diploma and transcript.
- Includes an Honors College scholarship for five semesters, a personal library of classics, early class registration privileges, and the freshman Honors living-learning community.
- Transfer students admitted into the Honors College having already completed 60 or more units may complete the honors humanities minor with 24 units, taking four of the required five classes.
|HON 240||Core I||6|
|HON 260||Core II||6|
|HON 280||Core III||6|
|HON 300||Core IV||6|