Academic Scholarships for Transfer Students
Transfer academic scholarships are awarded to qualified admitted students who have completed 12 or more semester units in college by the time of their acceptance to the university. Academic scholarships cannot be re-earned if lost due to a low GPA, nor can a student qualify for a different academic scholarship while at APU. Award amounts will not increase in subsequent years.
Transfer I Scholarship
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of admission to APU.
- $12,000 ($6,000 per semester)
Transfer II Scholarship
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.0-3.449 at the time of admission to APU.
- $10,000 ($5,000 per semester)
General Scholarship Information
- Award amount will be prorated if enrolled less than full time (9-11 units at 75%, 6-8 units at 50%).
- Once the student’s financial aid file is complete, the scholarship is usually disbursed into the student’s APU account during the first month of the semester (first half of the scholarship in fall, the second half in spring), or later depending on when documentation is received.
- Up to four years
To Retain Eligibility
- Must maintain at least a 2.8 cumulative GPA at APU (verified after every spring semester).
- The student must also maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.