Undergraduate Academic Success Center
The Undergraduate Academic Success Center is committed to offering comprehensive academic services, programming, and resources that support students in thinking critically, planning accordingly, and thriving academically as they become graduates and difference makers. The center comprises four areas committed to partnering with students, faculty, and staff to support the academic success of Azusa Pacific students:
- Academic Advising
- TRiO Student Support Services
- Student Success Initiatives
- Noel Academy for Strengths-Based Leadership and Education
The center is located on East Campus in Building 30. Each area is committed to contributing to the holistic success of all undergraduate students.
Academic Advising provides academic coaching and support that enables students to achieve their scholastic goals and thrive academically. Department staff support student academic success by using a holistic approach.
- Offers individualized academic advising and success coaching for students exploring major options
- Provides personal attention to students who are admitted into the Academic Success Launch Program
- Connects students to on-campus resources and strategies to aid in academic success
- Assists with questions regarding progress toward graduation
- Partners with faculty to support students who are identified in our Early Alert program (also known as APU C.A.R.E.S.)
- Develops strategies to help increase undergraduate student retention and graduation rates
- Provides student-athletes and transfer students support with their unique needs in scheduling and navigating progress toward their degree
TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services offers specialized academic services designed to cultivate a deeper sense of belonging and self-efficacy for students who are the first in their families to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
- Provides individualized academic coaching and priority registration
- Facilitates connections with peer and faculty mentors
- Aids in professional development and leadership opportunities
- Offers scholarships to eligible participants
- Exposes students to cultural events and specialized academic programs
- Offers career counseling, career exploration workshops, and assessments
- Provides academic tutoring and supplemental instruction
- Identifies and shares resources to promote fiscal literacy and minimize student debt
Student Success Initiatives
Student Success Initiatives designs and implements academic initiatives that foster student thriving. The office collaborates with other campus departments to develop and supervise student success efforts.
- Establishes campus-wide measures of the student experience and implements data-driven strategies to improve all aspects of student success and achievement
- Supplies recommendations aimed at improving educational outcomes
- Considers campus climate for all students, with special attention to underrepresented groups in higher education
- Coordinates the administration and assessment of First-Year Seminar, which focuses on developing students’ critical thinking, communication, and information literacy skills
Noel Academy for Strengths-Based Leadership and Education
The strengths academy furthers the practice, research, and dissemination of strengths-based approaches to teaching, learning, and leading in higher education.
- Facilitates strengths assessments and orientation for all incoming undergraduate students (through First-Year Seminar and Transfer Student Orientation)
- Offers one-on-one strengths coaching for academic and vocational success for students, faculty, and staff
- Hosts the annual Thriving Conference to promote strengths-based approaches to higher education through sharing of current research and best practices for student success
- Offers consultation, certification, and leadership development programs for higher education professionals and their teams
- Curates and creates strengths development resources for students, faculty, and staff