The Bachelor of Arts is offered with majors in allied health, art, biblical studies, business management, Christian ministries, cinematic arts, communication studies, computer information systems, criminal justice, economics, English, global studies, graphic design, history, interdisciplinary studies, international relations, journalism, liberal studies, mathematics, music, philosophy, political science, psychology, public relations, religious studies, social science, sociology, Spanish, theater arts, theology, and youth and family ministries.
The Bachelor of Science is offered with majors in allied health, engineering, kinesiology, applied mathematics, biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, and psychology.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is offered to nursing majors.
The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) is offered to social work majors.
Minor Program Policy
Azusa Pacific University offers a wide range of minors to enrich and support the academic experience of undergraduate students. The following applies:
- Minor programs are available to all students in a traditional undergraduate degree program and must be completed simultaneously with a major degree program.
- Students may not earn a minor in the same discipline in which they are majoring.
- A minor requires at least 18 units, 12 of which must be upper division. Some minors are exempt from this upper division requirement based on the subject matter of the minor. Please see individual minor requirements. A minimum of 50 percent of the units in the minor must be taken in residency.
- Departments, at their discretion, may substitute no more than 25 percent of the required units defined in the catalog for a given minor program. Lower-division courses cannot be substituted for upper-division course requirements.
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA must be achieved in all courses required for the minor. The sponsoring academic department may require a higher minimum GPA.
For more information, please contact the sponsoring academic department for the particular minor.
Guidelines for the Double Major
Normally, a student meets graduation requirements for a degree in one of the major departments. However, it is permissible for a student to be granted a B.A. or B.S. degree with a maximum of two majors if the following conditions are met:
- Students must complete all of the required courses listed in the catalog for both majors.
- Not more than six upper-division courses may be common to both majors (excluding General Education requirements).
- Twenty-four units must be unique to the second major, of which at least 18 units must be upper division.
Guidelines for Additional Degrees
Azusa Pacific University will award a maximum of two bachelor degrees in any combination, such as two B.A.s or one B.A. and one B.S., under the following conditions:
- Candidates for additional degrees must meet the University Residence policy.
- A minimum of 150 units is required for the two degrees.
- Students must complete all of the required courses listed in the catalog for both degrees.
- Not more than six upper-division courses may be common to both degrees (excluding General Education requirements).
- Thirty units must be unique to the second degree, of which at least 18 units must be upper division.
- General Education courses completed for one degree may be applied toward the second degree.