Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence
Nurturing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence at Azusa Pacific
Azusa Pacific University’s Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence (CDEIE) fosters inclusive excellence through the development and facilitation of diversity initiatives, services, and resources designed to support staff, faculty, and administrators in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of university life. Professional development opportunities include the Diversity Ambassadors Program, Diversity in the Classroom Series, Diversity Mosaic Experience, Special Speaker Series, and other consultative resources and supports.
In an effort to advance diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence across the university, the center:
- Sponsors diversity workshops and seminars with featured speakers focusing on various topics related to creating inclusive learning environments;
- Provides resources and initiatives focused on strategies to support and retain diverse faculty and staff;
- Collaborates with the Student Center for Reconciliation and Diversity and the Office of Military and Veteran Services to promote communication and engagement among students, staff, faculty, and administration,
- Promotes the integration of APU’s Identity Statement on Diversity into all curricular and cocurricular aspects of the university; and
- Assists with managing the Bias Incident Reporting process (used for nonemergency incidents only).
For more information, contact the center at (626) 387-5821. For an overview of additional diversity-related offices, services, and programs, see our Diversity and Inclusion Postcard (PDF).