Teacher Librarian Services Credential (Online)
The Teacher Librarian Services Credential at Azusa Pacific University is an online program that prepares candidates for the specialized and comprehensive role of school librarianship in California’s pluralistic schools and communities. The program prepares librarian services teachers as educational leaders who are experts in technology, literacy, and diversity.
The Teacher Librarian Services Credential program prepares librarian services teachers to work as librarians and media specialist/technology experts in K-12 school libraries in California, other states, and around the world.
|LIB 500||School Library Media Center Management||3|
|LIB 505||Collection Development in School Libraries||3|
|LIB 510||Learning Resources for Elementary Schools||3|
|LIB 515||Learning Resources for Secondary Schools||3|
|LIB 520||Organization and Cataloging of Learning Materials/Resources||3|
|LIB 525||Information Retrieval and Reference Services||3|
|LIB 530||School Library-Classroom Partnerships||3|
|LIB 535||Library Media Technologies||3|
|LIB 540||Current Topics in School Media Centers||3|
|LIB 550||Field Experiences for the Teacher Librarian 1,2||3|
|Approved transfer units||3-6|
Students must complete five LIB courses prior to taking LIB 550.
Fieldwork is required in both elementary and secondary settings.
NOTE: Classes are offered only once per year.
- A Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer that meets the minimum requirements. Contact the program director for specifications.
- Internet service provider
- Email account
Other equipment, such as a digital camera, web cam, and CD burner, may be needed with certain courses and student-selected projects.
- Current operating systems (Mac: OS X; PC: Windows XP)
- Latest version of Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office
- Teaching credential
- English Language Authorization
- Look for a letter from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions after submitting the application form. A letter of admission will include instructions for registering for the applicant’s first courses.
- Students may not enroll in more than seven units per eight-week session.
- Students must sign up for Taskstream.
Special Class Authorization in Information and Digital Literacy (Online)
Teacher Librarian Services Credential
LIB 545 - Information, Transliteracy and Digital Multiple Environments