The Department of Campus Safety works diligently to ensure a safe living, learning, and working environment for the APU community. It employs numerous full-time staff members as well as part-time student employees. The Department of Campus Safety is located on the first floor of Adams Hall on East Campus.
The department has well-established partnerships with city, county, state, and federal law enforcement authorities and collaborates with them on investigations and crime prevention programs to provide the best possible service to the APU community.
- 24/7 Dispatch Center
- 24/7 Officer Patrols (Vehicle, Bicycle, Foot)
- 24/7 Safety Escorts
- After-Hours Shuttle Service (10 p.m.–2 a.m.)
- Anonymous “Silent Informant” Reporting
- Code Blue Emergency Phones throughout the Campus
- Crime Reporting
- Event Security
- Parking Services and Traffic Enforcement
- Personal Safety Whistle Distribution Program
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Classes for Women
- Student Awareness Program
- Vehicle and Bicycle Registration
All community members are encouraged to be aware of their surroundings, avoid walking alone when possible, and secure their living area and vehicles. Safety is everyone’s business. Remember: “If you see something, say something.” If assistance is needed, adhere to the following guidelines:
For all life-threatening emergencies or crimes in progress, dial 911, then call Campus Safety at (626) 815-3898.
For non-life-threatening situations, contact Campus Safety at (626) 815-3898.