Post-Master’s Certificate Program
The advanced practice post-master’s certificate programs are currently under revision.
The School of Nursing offers the following post-master’s certificate programs: Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG-CNS), Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (P-CNS), Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care (PNP), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), Nursing Administration, and Nursing Education.
University graduate admission and program-specific requirements must be met before an application is complete. (See the Admission to the University (p. 19) section of this catalog.)
International students have a separate application procedure. Contact the International Center at +1-626-812-3055 or visit apu.edu/international/.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Completion of a graduate research course
- Completion of an undergraduate health assessment course
The School of Nursing offers the certificate programs to prepare nurses for advanced practice, education, and administrative roles. The curriculum for these programs reflects the School of Nursing mission, philosophy, and professional education standards for nursing. The programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and the California State Board of Registered Nursing.
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Certificate
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Post Master's Certificate (AGNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Certificate
- Nursing Education Certificate
- Post-Master's Certificate in Healthcare Administration and Leadership
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Certificate
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care Post Master's Certificate (PNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Certificate