Transition Point 3: Credential Application
To be eligible for a credential, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Successful completion of coursework (i.e., competency on each student learning outcome and a course grade of B- or better)
- Evaluation of Taskstream assignments
- Proficiency in the Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs)
- Passage of all state-required examinations. RICA is required for candidates who wish to become certified for teaching multiple subjects or special education. TPA is required for candidates who wish to become certified for teaching multiple subjects or single subject.
- Completion of all other credential requirements
It is candidates’ responsibility to submit a credential application through the Office of Credentials upon completion of a credential program to receive their California Educator’s Credential. This request may be submitted to the credentials office up to one month before completion of all credential requirements.
NOTE: Teacher candidates in combined master’s and credential programs who have opted to waive coursework will need to take additional units to fulfill the unit requirement. Please contact the department for course elective listing.