Transition Point 2: Clinical Practice Clearance
The following requirements must be met before any clinical practice experiences can take place:
Applications for clinical practice must be submitted to the Office of Student Placements by April 1 for fall term and September 15 for spring term.
In addition to the application for clinical practice, students must submit the following to the Office of Student Placements by April 30 for fall term and September 30 for spring term:
- Posted bachelor’s degree
- Verification of successful completion of the Basic Skills Requirement
- TB test that will be current throughout clinical practice
- Valid Certificate of Clearance or other appropriate CTC issued document throughout clinical practice
- Proof of U.S. Constitution coursework or exam
- Original, passing scores of CSET exams or official verification of completion of a CTC-approved subject-matter program signed by the credential analyst at the California institution of higher education at which the courses were successfully completed
Please note: CSET subtest exams expire ten years from their administration date unless the score is used for recommendation of an Intern Credential or above.
- Students who have secured a contracted teaching position must submit a copy of their teaching contract for the appropriate school year and a principal letter on school letterhead.