Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence
Assisting Faculty and Staff in Their Efforts to Nurture Diversity
The Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence is a resource for the implementation and nurturing of campus-wide, diversity-sensitive learning environments. The center supports faculty and staff through wider peer support, the Diversity Ambassador Initiative, and various professional development opportunities designed to help equip them for effective student learning engagement.
The center strives to assist faculty and staff through:
- hosting diversity luncheons and workshops with speakers focusing on various topics related to equity and creating inclusive learning environments.
- providing Faculty of Color Network luncheons focused on strategies to support and retain faculty.
- collaborating with the Student Center for Reconciliation and Diversity to promote communication and engagement among students, staff, faculty, and administration.
- promoting the integration of APU’s Identity Statement on Diversity into all curricular and cocurricular aspects of the university.
- the Bias Incident Reporting tool for nonemergency incidents only.
For more information, contact the center at (626) 387-5821. For an overview of additional diversity-related offices, services, and programs, see our Diversity Matters brochure.