Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
|COMM 500||Strategic Communication Theory and Practice||3|
|COMM 502||Writing and Media Content Development||3|
|COMM 503||Research Methods and Analytics [Proposed]||3|
|COMM 504||Business and Organizational Fundamentals for Strategic Communication [Proposed]||3|
|COMM 505||Ethical, Legal and Social Responsibility in Strategic Communication [Proposed]||3|
|COMM 506||Crisis, Risk and Reputation Management [Proposed]||3|
|COMM 590||Internship or Practicum [Proposed]||3|
|or COMM 596||Strategic Communication Capstone Project|
|Choose one of the following:|
|Strategic Communication Content Development (Skills)|
|Communication Platforms (Social Media +) [Proposed]|
|Transmedia Storytelling [Proposed]|
|Multi-Platform Video Integration [Proposed]|
|Multi-Media Branding [Proposed]|
|Strategic Communication Data Analysis|
|Introduction to Modeling with Probability|
|Time Series Analysis and Forecasting|
|Strategic Communication Management and Marketing|
|Conflict Management and Resolution [Proposed]|
Choose 3 of the following:
|Organizational Development and Change|
|Strategic Digital Marketing|
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the knowledge, skills, and research appropriate to strategic communication professionals.
- Create professional-quality strategic communication materials that meet the needs of a wide variety of diverse communities.
- Examine business and organizational fundamentals related to the strategic communication field as well as various for-profit and nonprofit settings.
- Produce high-quality multimedia content that demonstrates clarity of writing, mastery of transmedia platforms, and design expertise for a variety of audiences.
- Incorporate faith-based decision making, professional ethical standards, and legal foundations in the pursuit of Truth, equity, and fairness in the strategic communication space.