The Writing Center offers several forms of writing support that are free and available to all APU students:
- In-person Appointments: At any stage of the writing process, graduate and professional students can meet with a writing coach and receive individualized support to improve their writing projects and, more importantly, their writing skills. For more information on how to schedule an appointment, visit the Writing Center website.
- Online Appointments: Graduate and professional students can work with a writing coach online. During online appointments, students and writing coaches use video or chat and a mutual whiteboard space to work together in real time. Students pursuing their doctorate can also work with a doctoral consultant online.
- Walk-in Hours: The Writing Center offers walk-in hours during which students can work with available writing coaches individually or in groups. Students can also use this space to work independently in a supportive environment where they can ask questions as needed. View the current walk-in hours and location.
- Graduate Writing Website: APU’s Writing Center maintains a Graduate Writing website dedicated to demystifying the challenges of writing at the graduate level, building community among APU writers, and making the dissertation process as smooth and painless as possible.
- Workshops: The Writing Center provides several workshops specifically for graduate students. Join us for discussions and practical guidance on topics including becoming a productive writer, scheduling major writing projects, and revision. Workshop dates are listed on our calendar.
- Resources: Stop by any of the locations or visit apu.edu/writingcenter/resources for handouts on more than 35 writing challenges ranging from brainstorming to documentation.
The Writing Center is open year-round and has locations in Marshburn Library (East Campus), Building 1 (West Campus), and online, as well as a growing number of satellite locations at APU regional campuses and sites.
For more information, visit apu.edu/writingcenter.