The Noel Academy for Strengths-Based Leadership and Education
The mission of the Noel Academy for Strengths-Based Leadership and Education is to transform educational practices by equipping college and university faculty and staff with the tools to identify and nurture students’ strengths as the foundation for their academic thriving.
The academy fulfills its mission through:
- Training: Consulting with colleges and universities to train faculty and staff to conduct strengths-based advising, coaching, teaching, team building, and curriculum design.
- Research: Conducting impact studies of strengths-based educational practices and functioning as a clearinghouse for research that is conducted on strengths-based practices.
- Interventions: Creating standardized strengths-based interventions that can be implemented on college campuses.
- Assessment: Creating a standardized impact measure for strengths-based interventions, along with a protocol for student interviews and focus groups.
- Dissemination: Disseminating the best practices in strengths-based education, along with research results, through the website, newsletters, and hosted conferences.