Master of Science in Counseling Psychology with Specialization in Children and Adolescents
Learn more about the Master of Science in Counseling Psychology with Specialization in Children and Adolescents program.
|PSYC 532||Theories of Counseling and Therapy [Proposed]||3|
|PPSY 558||Advanced Developmental Psychology||3|
|PPSY 555||Career Development Theories and Techniques||3|
|or EDCO 549||Career Development Theories and Techniques|
|PSYC 529||Group Counseling [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 525||Principles and Practice of Assessment and Evaluation||3|
|PSYC 526||Multicultural Counseling [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 527||Diagnosis and Treatment Planning||3|
|PCLS 551||Research Methods and Statistical Analysis||3|
|PSYC 531||Ethics and Professional Issues [Proposed]||3|
|PPSY 585||Psychobiology and Psychopharmacology||3|
|or EDCO 572||Psychobiology and Psychopharmacology|
|PSYC 528||Treatment of Substance Use Disorders in Youth and Families [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 523||Interventions for Trauma and Crisis [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 530||Evidence-based Practices in the Treatment of Children and Youth [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 535||Therapies for Attachment and Internalizing Disorders [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 533||Therapies for Trauma and Externalizing Disorders [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 536||Play Based Counseling Techniques [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 534||Family Systems Theory and Counseling||3|
|or PSYC 511||Experimental Research Methods|
|PSYC 524||Counseling Adolescents||3|
|PSYC 542||Practicum I [Proposed]||3|
|PSYC 543||Practicum II||3|
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Core Domains: Demonstrate entry-level competence in the core domains of practice identified by the Board of Behavioral Sciences for licensure as an LPCC.
- Child/Youth Development: Develop assessment, diagnosis, treatment, psychoeducation, and prevention interventions for children and adolescents.
- Knowledge/Analysis: Research, analyze, and synthesize findings from professional literature.
- Communication: Demonstrate professional-level skills in written and oral communication.
- Faith Integration: Demonstrate skills in the integration of Christian faith with professional conceptualization and service delivery in counseling.