School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
The School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences (BAS) comprises a wide range of programs across numerous departments:
- Department of Clinical Psychology: Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology
- Department of Criminal Justice: Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice (Bachelor’s Completion)
- Department of Higher Education: Master of Science in College Counseling and Student Development, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Higher Education, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Leadership, and the Doctoral-Level Certificate in Strengths-Oriented Higher Education
- Department of Kinesiology: Master of Science in Athletic Training, Master of Science in Physical Education (also online), Master of Arts in Physical Education and Single Subject Teaching Credential, Master of Arts in Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization, and Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization
- Department of Leadership and Organizational Psychology: Master of Arts in Leadership (also online), and Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
- Department of Marriage and Family Therapy: Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology: Marriage and Family Therapy
- Department of Physical Therapy: Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT), and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Rehabilitation and Movement Science
- Department of Psychology: Master of Science in Research Psychology and Data Analytics, Master of Science in Child Life, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Bachelor’s Completion)
- Department of Social Work: Master of Social Work (MSW)
All programs within the school carry a distinctly Christian perspective that challenges students intellectually and spiritually while remaining flexible and student-oriented. Creative scheduling allows professionals engaged in evolving careers to enroll in graduate courses taught by highly qualified faculty and held on APU’s Azusa campus and at regional locations throughout Southern California.
All Azusa Pacific programs are accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and professional programs in the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences have earned the following specialized accreditations:
- The athletic training program is accredited through 2025-26 by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE), 6835 Austin Center Blvd, Suite 250, Austin, TX 78731-3101, (512) 733-9700.
- The Master of Arts in Physical Education and Single Subject Teaching Credential, Master of Arts in Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization, and Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), which is transitioning to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), and are approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
- The Psy.D. program is accredited by the Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation of the American Psychological Association (APA)1. APA accreditation recognizes that the program meets the standards for quality programs in psychology as stated in the APA’s Guidelines and Principles for Accreditation of Programs in Professional Psychology.
- The DPT program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, American Psychological Association, 750 First St., NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242, (202) 336-5979.