B.S. in International Business
The international business major provides students a strong general business foundation followed by courses preparing them for careers in global business. The program incorporates a liberal arts approach to the study of culture, history, economics, and politics as it prepares students to work in a dynamic and interdependent global business environment. Students also acquire practical skills and experience through study-away opportunities, internships, foreign language study, and the import/export practicum project.
International business careers may be found with multinational corporations, foreign companies, banks, international investments, export/import trade, international law, international nonprofit organizations, world missions, and public/foreign service. Individuals graduate from this program with significant international experience, as well as proficiency in a foreign language, and are in high demand in today’s job market.
The international business major comprises 61 units. Students must achieve an average GPA of 2.5 or higher in their major courses (including the Business Core).
|Business Core Courses|
|ACCT 120||Principles of Accounting I||4|
|ACCT 121||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|MATH 130||Introduction to Statistics 1||3|
|MGMT 210||Principles of Management||3|
|BUSI 240||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|ECON 250||Principles of Macroeconomics 2||3|
|ECON 251||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|MKTG 260||Principles of Marketing||3|
|BUSI 296||Business Law||3|
|FIN 320||Principles of Corporate Finance||3|
|BUSI 370||International Business 3||3|
|MGMT 448||Organizational and Administrative Behavior 4||3|
|MGMT 450||Strategic Management 5||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Quantitative Analysis for Management|
|Applied Calculus I|
|International Business Courses|
|IBUS 374||Topics in International Management and Strategy||3|
|FIN 372||International Trade and Finance||3|
|Select three of the following:||9|
|Global Marketing Management|
|MGMT 350||Business Management Internship 5||3|
|Academic study away participation|
Meets the General Education Quantitative Literacy requirement.
Meets the General Education Social Sciences requirement.
Meets the General Education Intercultural Competence requirement.
Meets the General Education Civic Knowledge and Engagement requirement.
Meets the General Education Integrative and Applied Learning requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Competent Business Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge in multiple business disciplines, including management, finance, marketing, accounting and economics.
- Critical Thinking: Identify and solve business problems using analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Christian Business Ethics: Demonstrate the ability to evaluate business decisions based on a Christian perspective.
- Written Communication: Convey ideas clearly through professional written communication.
- Oral Communication: Express ideas effectively through professional oral presentations.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Demonstrate the ability to function as an effective business team member.
- Comprehensive Global Awareness: Identify cultural, economic and political aspects of business in a global environment.
- Discipline Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge of international business concepts.
- Discipline Problem Solving/Strategy: Solve core international business problems, or analyze international business situations and provide strategy for effectiveness.