B.A. in Digital Media and Communication
The professional bachelor’s completion program in digital media and communication prepares graduates for the fastest-growing job sector in Southern California: digital media. Students prepare for positions with PR agencies, online news sites, nonprofits, or social media management, polishing their skills in courses designed to help them publish in online magazines, websites, or client communications. Courses refine interpersonal communication, writing, and digital storytelling skills across many media.
|Introduction to Mass Communication|
|News Writing and Reporting|
|Small Group Communication|
|Media and Communication Ethics|
|Writing 3: Writing for Communication 1|
|Entertainment, Religion, and Specialty Writing and Reporting|
|Select 6 units from the following:|
|Writing 3: Public Relations Strategies and Techniques 1|
|Journalism Research Methods|
|Religion and the Media|
Meets the General Education Writing 3 requirement.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents who successfully complete this program shall be able to:
- Create digital content to clearly express ideas in oral, written and visual forms across multiple media.
- Express fluency in personal presentations incorporating multi-media: images, video, audio and charts in group settings.
- Skillfully integrate text, audio, video, graphics in a communication or story across platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook or other web platforms.
- Demonstrate written fluency and narrative development in creative mastery of storytelling skill sets across mediums: digital and print publications, video, audio and social media.
- Articulate legal, ethical biblical principles impacting digital media professionals and the fields and industries they serve.
- Explain the relationship between the forms of media in a digital media ecosystem and the implications of content analytics.
- Ethically apply interpersonal and negotiation skills to arrive at solutions and resolutions in small work group settings.